As some of you may know, I have been measuring big ever since I started seeing the Dr and there has never been a concern with it...2nd time around you usually pop out faster and can measure bigger than normal. Well this week at my Dr appt, she told me that I missed the 3 hour glucose (gestational diabetes) test by 1 point. My count was 139 and the cut off is 140. I had to take the 3 hr test with Trenton and it came back normal. Well on top of that, she did an external exam to feel for the head and all she could feel was fluid and couldn't find her head and what position she was in. She said there are sometimes a late onset of gestational diabetes and an indicator could be a very large amount of amniotic fluid, so she scheduled me for a sonogram the same week to check my fluid level and the development of our big peanut. Here are some sonogram pics:

Feet and the one below is the perfect picture of Lillie. I'm actually going to get these two printed out and framed side-by-side. They are the most perfect pictures I have ever seen. The sonogram tech did 3D pics for us and they turned out better than the BabyWave ones.

Not quiet sure which finger she has up there, but she's covering up her face.

She was actually talking or sucking in this picture. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen. One thing they look for when there is a large amount of fluid is if whether or not the baby is sucking and swallowing and she is. And they look for where the fluid goes after she swallows it. If it gets into her chest--there's a problem. If the fluid goes to her stomach and bladder--it's good. Lillie's stomach and bladder had fluid it in....a good thing!!

An awsome profile pic.

5 little fingers...waving!!

She has a lot of hair. Terry and of course the tech knew what they were looking at, but I had no clue how to tell. So the little arrows indicate where all the hair is. Terry said she would have hair since I get heartburn from water.

So here is what we found out from the tech: Lillie is 4 pounds and I have 10 more weeks to go, so that automatically adjusted her due date to 4 Jan, but my Dr won't change my due date and really the only thing it says is that she is big for her age right now. She is actually in the 93% for her age and how far along we are. My fluid measurements came back at 23.77cm, again 95% for amount of fluid. The tech said it could mean a number of things: I'm just one that natually has a large amount of amniotic fluid and since Lillie's development is really good and just about complete, there's nothing to worry about. It could also mean that I do have gestational diabetes, especially since Lillie is bigger than what she should be and when the mother has gestational diabetes, the baby is usually big. We actually joked around about my boss kinda jinxing us, because she keeps saying that I'm going to go in Dec and the tech said that could come true if she keeps growing. So I'm not worried about anything right now and we'll see what my Dr says on the 18th at my next appt. I'll keep you all updated.
2 comments:
I just LOVE the ultrasounds :) How exciting! Take care- I totally feel your pain on crumby pregnancies...I had two bombers with awful delieveries too!! Just relax and enjoy the rest and most importantly...take care of that baby!!!
I love the pictures! They turned out so well!
Here in Sweden they actually show some.. US baby-shows, so I've seen a little of the doctors, nurses, etc, talking about gest. diabetes deliveries.
Would you like for her to show up around Christmas? I have a feeling she'll get so big that you'll WANT her out by Christmas. :))
Do they sometimes take the babies if they are getting too big? So that they don't get too big for delivery??
But don't worry, you and Lillie are going to be fine! :)
We're anxiously awaiting updates!
Post a Comment